Mile High Modern Beauty is an exclusive studio, open by appointment only! No walk-ins are allowed or accepted. All appointments must be booked online. Our services are meant to enhance the natural beauty of your features. There are no facial sculpting, body contouring, or otherwise dramatic enhancement services offered at Mile High Modern Beauty.
Due to the nature of our detailed, artistic services, we request that you do not bring any guests with you during your appointment. Boyfriends, girlfriends, husbands or wives, friends, family members, pets and children are not allowed in the studio during your session and will be asked to leave.
- A Permanent Makeup Consultation is mandatory! The cost is $40. This allows for your esthetician to study your skin and come up with the best plan of action to enhance your own natural, beautiful features. Permanent Makeup services cannot be performed on the same day of the consultation. Any clients who do not schedule a consultation will have their appointment cancelled.
Be on Time
- We kindly request that all first-time clients arrive 10 to 15 minutes prior to their scheduled appointment to fill out paperwork and get settled in. You can find our studio located at 1780 S. Bellaire St., Suite 401, Denver CO 80222.
- Any client who is more than 30 minutes late to their scheduled appointment will have their appointment automatically cancelled and the Cancellation Policies will be enforced.
- A $100 non-refundable deposit is required to book and confirm all permanent makeup appointments. This deposit will be deducted from your final balance. The remainder of your balance is due immediately upon completion of the service.
- Please review our cancellation policy thoroughly before booking your appointment. We request that you give 48 hours’ notice when cancelling or rescheduling your appointment. Failure to do so will result in enforcement of our Cancellation Policy.
Permanent Makeup Touchups:
- Touchup appointments are not included in the price of the initial procedure. Your esthetician will go over all of the aftercare instructions with you, along with creating a personalized touchup schedule. The first touchup session should be scheduled approximately 6 weeks after the original appointment. This session is crucial for the best results with your permanent makeup. Additional touchup sessions may be required for oily skin, problematic skin, dark pigmented skin, and clients who do not follow the aftercare instructions properly.
Existing Permanent Makeup Tattoos:
- If you have existing permanent makeup tattoos, including brows, lips, and eyeliner, they must be old and faded before coming into our studio for new work. Our estheticians absolutely cannot complete new work when the previous work is too dark, dense, discolored, or large. Tattoo removal will be highly recommended before any new work can be completed.
- Previous/existing tattoos must be photographed and emailed to Mile High Lashes before scheduling a consultation appointment. An esthetician will confirm if your tattoos are faded enough to be worked on, or if laser removal is required.
- Sessions to fix, enhance, or otherwise work on old permanent makeup tattoos could take longer than the original service and will be charged accordingly.
Important for permanent makeup clients
- Healed results will vary with each individual client. No guarantees will be made, additional sessions may be required to obtain optimal results.
- Additional charges will apply. Although we give our best efforts to provide you with quality service, many factors can result in a less than desired outcome as each client will heal differently.
- Please refer to our faq section to see if the services we offer may be beneficial to you and whether or not the before & after care directions are a good fit for your lifestyle.
If you have any questions about our services, policies, or would like to book your session, please contact us today!
Permanent Makeup is not recommended:
- Pregnant or Nursing
- Sick(cold, flu, etc..)
- Severely Oily Skin – Not Recommended (Due to excessive production of oil , pigment may not retain properly)
- Large pores on your forehead & in the brow
- Super thin/vascular sun damaged skin
- Deep wrinkles in the brow area
- Any Blood diseases including Anemia
- Hypertension or hypotension.
- Viral infections and/or diseases
- A Pacemaker or major heart problems
- Had an Organ transplant
- Tendency towards keloid scarring
- Skin irritations, Psoriasis, Eczema or Dermatitis in or around the eyebrows (Chronic shedding, bumps, redness, irritation or flaking of the skin in the eyebrow area, rashes, sunburn, acne, etc.)
- MRSA-Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus
- Had Botox in the past 3 weeks
- Used Accutane in the past year
- If you are knowingly under the influence of alcohol, drugs or any mood altering drugs/medications
- Have any Thyroid (Hyper/Hypo) related condition that requires any medication(ie: Synthroid ). Medications WILL cause the pigment not to retain properly.
- Seborrheic dermatitis
- Diabetes type 1 & 2(prone to slow healing & Infection)
- If you come in with a Tan (no sun 30 days before & 30 days after) Pigments implanted in TAN skin WILL Heal Darker, Appear Ashy and May Not Retain).
- Have piercing in the brow area or scar from piercing in the brow area.
- Have upcoming vacations or special occasions planned.
- Allergic to anesthetics(Lidocaine, Tetracaine, Benzocaine etc..)
- Had Chemical peel in the past 60 days
- Platelet Disorders-Aggregation Disorders An aggregation disorder is when platelets do not bind with fibrinogen and other proteins in order to stick to other platelets. As a result the platelets cannot form a plug to stop the bleeding from a damaged blood vessel.
- Autoimmune Disorder of any kind (MS, RA, Lupus or the like) (Due to the medicines to treat these diseases, pigment will not retain)
- If you are any of these medications, you will bleed and the pigment WILL NOT retain Triflusal (Disgren) Clopidogrel (Plavix) Prasugrel (Effient) Ticagrelor (Brilinta) Ticlopidine (Ticlid) Cilostazol (Pletal) Vorapaxar (Zontivity) Dipyridamole (Persantine Coumadin Pradaxia (dabigatran) Xarelto (rivaroxaban) Eliquis (apixaban) Savaysa (edoxaban)
Permanent Makeup Pre-Care
- Do not work out 24 hours before procedure.
- NO alcohol or caffeine 48 hours before procedure.
- Avoid sun and tanning 30 days prior to procedure. Pigment will heal very dark on tan skin.
- Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E or Advil/Ibuprofen 24 hours before procedure.
- Avoid Fish Oil, Prenatal Vitamins, and “Hair, Skin, Nail” supplements 24 hours prior to procedure.
- Discontinue Retin-A 4 weeks prior.
- Refrain from use of any Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) products close to the eyebrow area 4 weeks prior to and 4 weeks after your procedure.
- Waxing treatments should be performed no less than 3 days prior to your enhancement.
- No brow waxing or tinting two weeks before.
- Refrain from mood-altering drugs for at least 24 hours prior to any procedure.
- No Accutane 1 year prior to any permanent make procedure.
- For lip procedure have to pre-treat cold sore by taking anti-viral medication.
- Do not tweeze, wax or thread for 7 days prior. You may RESUME AFTER 2 WEEKS.
- Please Note: You will be more sensitive during your menstrual cycle.
- No doctor prescribed medication should ever be discontinued without first consulting your physician.
Permanent Makeup Post-Care
- Keep the area completely dry for 10 days .
- Apply the aftercare ointment given 1-3 times a day (for the amount of days recommended by your artist) with freshly washed hands.
- DO NOT rub, pick or scratch the treated area. Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate. Picking can cause infection, scarring and pigment loss!
- COMPLETELY avoid direct sun exposure and tanning beds for a minimum of 4 weeks after your procedure. Direct sunlight can cause the pigment to change color while it is healing and can also cause hyper pigmentation and scarring.
- Avoid pool, sauna, steam rooms, hot showers and/or hot baths for 3 weeks.
- Avoid sweating for a full 10 days. Any physical effort, gym, hot weather, any other activity that may cause sweating through or on the brows will expel pigment from the dermis producing poor results.
- Avoid sleeping on your face/brows for the first 10 days.
- Keep your bangs and hair pulled back from your face for the first 10 days.
- NO makeup or skincare products to be used on the treated area for two weeks.
- NO facials, chemical treatments and microdermabrasion for 4 weeks.
- After 10 days, once the area has healed completely, consider using sunblock when going out in the sun to stop the color from fading.
- Eyebrow tinting should not be undertaken for 4 weeks after your procedure.
- Avoid Retin-A, Chemical Peels and Microderms around the brow area once healed.
Please note: Eyebrows or Lips will appear darker and bolder due to natural scabbing and healing for the first week. This is very common for all permanent cosmetic procedures.